iOS Platform Lead at SoundCloud
April 2016 — Present
I have first joined the discovery cluster and have been focused on building several features for iOS like search filters, recommended tracks, Core Data inferred migration, charts and playlist discovery. With Core Clients since April 2017, I have contributed to App Modularization, Offline Sync, In-app purchases and more.
In April 2018, I was promoted as iOS Platform Lead, a technical leadership role mixed with people management tasks. My role is to lead the iOS collective, which is the group of all the 15+ Engineers who participate in the development of SoundCloud's iOS apps.
- Act as lead for the iOS Collective (7 teams, 17 members in total).
- Define and maintain the technical vision for iOS at SoundCloud.
- Actively contribute to iOS codebases: pairing/coaching, resolving tech debt, prototyping new ideas, evaluating technology choices.
- Available to provide support during major iOS releases and outages and ensure best practices are being followed.
- Actively participate in hiring and onboarding processes.
- Look outside of the iOS platform for opportunities to improve process and patterns.
Senior iOS Developer at Brainly
July 2015 — Mars 2016
My role at Brainly was to help my remote team to produce a world-class product. I initiated regular pair programming, code reviews and set up a continuous integration system. I also encouraged the use of agile methodologies, cross-functional pairing, KPIs reviews and higher involvement of the team in the product definition. During my time there we witnessed growth from 100K to 200K MUU on iOS.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for the Brainly iOS app.
- Building reusable, accessible UI components.
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security.
- Collaborating with other Engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of the deliverables.
- Conducting code reviews, contributing to high-quality documentation and building robust test suites.
Lead iOS Developer at Wimdu
January 2014 — June 2015
- 2 apps: the Host and the Guest app + 1 framework that includes shared code
- Build autonomously the Host app from scratch
- Shaped and scaled the mobile team
- Helped defining and designing the iOS apps
- Learned Swift for the Guest app and the iOS widgets
- Strong testing
Lead iOS Developer at MyDriver
February 2013 — December 2013
myDriver is a chauffeured car and Limousine service.
- 2 apps: the Customer and the Driver apps + 1 framework that includes shared code
- Improving, refactoring and stabilising the existing myDriver iOS app
- Rebuild and redesign of the private driver's iOS app
- Development and documentation of an iOS framework
- Assessment of requirements
- Internal process using agile methodology
- For next major version, UX design
- iPhone and iPad architecture
iOS Developer at Playadz
April 2011 — February 2013
- Design and development of an iOS enterprise framework
- Write estimates
- Mobile strategy consulting
- iPhone and iPad architecture
- Internal process using SCRUM methodology
- Interact with our customers, send them work-in-progress versions, make sure the quality and deadlines are met.
- 15 native apps built, among them: Sortir by Nice-Matin, Nature64, Cannes is Yours, Odysseum, Club14, Cap3000, etc.
iOS Developer at Intellicore
October 2008 — April 2011
First, I was an intern. I learned about iPhone development in late 2008. Then I was part of the iOS development team (5 developers). I worked on 20 iPhone and/or iPad applications (among them: the second version of the RATP app's map, MacBidouille, Thesorimed, Horizon Second Screen, Fabled Lands, etc.). I was responsible for the whole process of iOS development.
- Specifications writing
- App Store release
- iOS: Swift, Objective-C
- SwiftUI, React
- Functional Programming
- Back-end systems design and implementation
- RxSwift, ReactiveCocoa, Core Data, UIKit, Core Animation, Core Foundation, Core Audio
- Unit and UI Testing
- Agile Methodologies
- UX design
- Certified Scrum Master
- French (native), English (fluent), German (...genau)
Software Engineering Master’s degree 2006 — 2009
IT Two-year diploma 2004 — 2006
Photo, Music, Cinema/Series, Sports (Football, Rugby, Badminton, Tennis...)